Posted in work, tagged back in the blogosphere, blog, blogging, career, employment, job, long time no see peeps!, update, work on October 13, 2009|
9 Comments »
Carrie: Your Wayward Guide to Cool Jobs
Howdy folks, and welcome back to “My Cool Job” which has been on hiatus for some months now.
It’s funny how many times I have mentioned this blog to people in the last few months…and yet it is only in the last few days that I’ve come to realize:
a) How long it’s been since I posted anything, and how much I miss the fun of finding my interviewees and learning more about them;
b) How much I miss my WordPress pals: for a while now I’ve spent more time in ‘real life’ than online, but it seems that I need the creative outlet that this blog provides and the awesome interactions that come from it. Having a few of you peeps on Facebook just doesn’t seem to satisfy so I’ll humbly ask you to let me back into the blogosphere; and
c) I’ve committed a faux pas of the highest order by wheedling a dear friend into providing an interview, which somehow never got published, and it’s time to make that right!
Hopefully, all of the above will be corrected within the next 24 hours when the secret of what a ‘Usability Tester’ actually does is revealed in detail…
Stay tuned and tell me you missed me. I have certainly missed all of you!
Read Full Post »
Posted in work, tagged blog, blogging, career, employment, film, flat carrie, Flat Tony, iSketch, job, men in black, movies, stefan raab, ukelele, update, video, will smith, work on October 17, 2008|
12 Comments »
Today I’m going to play a little catch-up on various things that have been transpiring lately on My Cool Job. Here are a few updates for you, a few minor pleas for help, and a fun video to wash it all down with:
1. Sadly, although I tried my very best, apparently I am not fabulous enough to be a contestant on “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” (see post here for more info). Despite all of the good wishes and positive vibes you all sent out, alas I will have to find a million bucks some other way.
2. On the plus side, longtime reader and Cool Jobster Khyri was entertained enough by the recent adventures of Flat Tony in New Jersey that she invited “Flat Carrie” to come and visit her in Arizona! You can view my enjoyable visit to the desert, the gynecologist and KFC here. (I wonder if the activity list would be the same if I visited in “real life”? 🙂 ) Thank you for the video, Khyri! You rock! (And OF COURSE if anyone else would like to have “Flat Carrie” come visit, you have only to ask and her atoms will be transmitted via email and will rearrange themselves in your inbox as a “Flat Carrie” image that you can do with what you will — you have only to ask!)
3. As is my usual habit, I always have a few feelers out in cyberspace for Cool Jobsters, but nothing has come to fruition in the last few days so I’m on the prowl again. The people with the coolest jobs are of course the busiest people around, but if you know a potential Cool Jobster that you’d like to see on the site (and has a few minutes to spare), please send them my way!
4. CurlyWurlyGurly had an iSketch party last night, and a great time was had by all. Due to my lack of artistic skillz, CurlyWurlyGurly, thedailydish, and morethananelectrician kicked my butt all over that whiteboard, but I had a great time anyway and am looking forward to doing it again soon! Thanks for the invite, CWG! I can’t tell you all how much I miss Acrophobia — if it’s reappeared online somewhere and actuall works, would someone please let me know?
5. After a bit of director’s block, my latest film is coming together well, and should be available for your viewing pleasure in the next day or two. It’s about pumpkins. Aren’t you excited?
6. As promised, here is your video reward for being kind enough to read this far. One part german talk show host Stefan Raab, one part Will Smith, and one part ukelele. Coolest version of “Men In Black” ever! Enjoy and have a great weekend, all!
Read Full Post »