Today I’m going to play a little catch-up on various things that have been transpiring lately on My Cool Job. Here are a few updates for you, a few minor pleas for help, and a fun video to wash it all down with:
1. Sadly, although I tried my very best, apparently I am not fabulous enough to be a contestant on “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” (see post here for more info). Despite all of the good wishes and positive vibes you all sent out, alas I will have to find a million bucks some other way.
2. On the plus side, longtime reader and Cool Jobster Khyri was entertained enough by the recent adventures of Flat Tony in New Jersey that she invited “Flat Carrie” to come and visit her in Arizona! You can view my enjoyable visit to the desert, the gynecologist and KFC here. (I wonder if the activity list would be the same if I visited in “real life”? 🙂 ) Thank you for the video, Khyri! You rock! (And OF COURSE if anyone else would like to have “Flat Carrie” come visit, you have only to ask and her atoms will be transmitted via email and will rearrange themselves in your inbox as a “Flat Carrie” image that you can do with what you will — you have only to ask!)
3. As is my usual habit, I always have a few feelers out in cyberspace for Cool Jobsters, but nothing has come to fruition in the last few days so I’m on the prowl again. The people with the coolest jobs are of course the busiest people around, but if you know a potential Cool Jobster that you’d like to see on the site (and has a few minutes to spare), please send them my way!
4. CurlyWurlyGurly had an iSketch party last night, and a great time was had by all. Due to my lack of artistic skillz, CurlyWurlyGurly, thedailydish, and morethananelectrician kicked my butt all over that whiteboard, but I had a great time anyway and am looking forward to doing it again soon! Thanks for the invite, CWG! I can’t tell you all how much I miss Acrophobia — if it’s reappeared online somewhere and actuall works, would someone please let me know?
5. After a bit of director’s block, my latest film is coming together well, and should be available for your viewing pleasure in the next day or two. It’s about pumpkins. Aren’t you excited?
6. As promised, here is your video reward for being kind enough to read this far. One part german talk show host Stefan Raab, one part Will Smith, and one part ukelele. Coolest version of “Men In Black” ever! Enjoy and have a great weekend, all!